National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme was started to establish a meaningful linkage between the campus and the community. Mahatma Gandhi, the father of Nation had recognised that in the country could not progress in a desired direction until the student youth were motivated to work for the upliftment of the community
The regular activities of N.S.S. comprise of the following:
- Educational Programmes
- Health Programmes
- Self-Employment Programmes
- Agricultural Programmes
- Personality Development Programmes
- Campus Work etc.
Anti - Ragging Cell
College campus is a place to find valuable friendship and to cherish unforgettable moments. We, here at YCP strongly condemn any kind of ragging practices. The Anti-Ragging cell constituted at the college level, ensures that no ragging case occurs in the campus. Any act of ragging found in the campus or the hostel shall be immediately brought to the notice of the Principal and strict actions shall be taken. Those found indulging in ragging activities shall be punished as per the existing law of AICTE and THE KERALA PROHIBITION OF RAGGING ACT, 1998.
Links for Reference:
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC)
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) is promoted in educational institutions to develop institutional mechanism creating entrepreneurial culture in Science & Technology academic institutions and to foster techno-entrepreneurship for the generation of wealth and employment.
Objectives of the IEDC:
- To motivate the students to think creatively and generate innovative ideas from all fields of engineering.
- To transform innovative ideas into socially and industrially relevant products.
Parents Teachers Association (PTA)
PTA is playing a vital role in imparting quality education. It is an organization where all the parents and teachers have to participate on equal grounds. PTA provides an opportunity for the parents to interact with the teachers regarding the academics and general conduct of the students.
Aims and Objectives:
- To promote good relationship among the members of the teaching staff, students and the parents.
- Ensuring high academic standards.
- Maintaining excellent discipline.
Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU)
Career Guidance and Placement Unit co-ordinates the placement and training activities for the students. It is a voluntary organization guided by the Placement Officer and run by student representatives. Continuous programs will be arranged by the unit so as nurture the skills of students and to bring the best out of them.
- To provide guidance and assistance for the students to achieve their career goals.
- To keep them informed regarding career opportunities in India & abroad.
- To inform and assist the students for pursuing higher studies.